Dr. Taenzler earned his doctorate in experimental neuropsychology from Clark University in 1995, where he served as an associate professor and departmental statistical consultant for various universities in the Boston area. He has worked as a research consultant in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industry for more than 20 years, including Executive Vice President in a large, global marketing research company (GfK) and Founder/Principal in two custom research organizations (Evolution Consulting & Research and Jaunty Consulting).
Dr. Taenzler has conducted global pharma/biotech research in over 30 countries and is well-versed in the healthcare regulatory issues and government agencies that provide and oversee healthcare services. Dr. Taenzler has conducted research in nearly every area of healthcare including:
- Pharmaceuticals (most notably in the therapeutic areas of auto-immune disease,
oncology, respiratory disease, pain-related syndromes, gastrointestinal disorders,
- Hospitals/long-term care facilities (including disease management, robotics, pharmacy operations)
- Healthcare professionals (including physicians, nurses, pharmacists, laboratory
- Patients (including caregivers)
- Supply chain organizations (including specialty pharmacy, retail and hospital
pharmacies, pharmaceutical distributors)
- Medical Appliance/Drug Delivery Devices (including inhalers, transdermal systems,
injection devices, human factors testing and mitigation strategies)
- Payors/Managed care (including P&T committee composition, sales force targeting, disease/case management, coverage issues).